Fireworks Mobile Pouch Embroidery In-the-Hoop
Why don't you try to make a mobile pouch? It is easy and fun to make. You make the embroidery in the hoop and the rest is easy if you follow the steps in the instruction. Make some for your friends too! Finished size 4”x 6” (10x16cm)
With 30-day Free Trial of mySewnet Embroidery Software you will get to try out the most user-friendly and feature rich digitizing software on the market. It works with all embroidery machine brands and is available for both Windows and Mac.
What you need:
- Fabric for the outside of the pouch 6”x 16” (15 x 40 cm) and 1½”x 6” (4 x 15 cm) (for the strap holders)
- Thin polyester batting 6”x 16” (15 x 40) cm
- Fabric for the lining 6”x 16” (15 x 40) cm
- Fusible web e.g. Vliesofix 1½”x 6” (4 x 15cm)
- Tear away stabilizer
- Zipper foot
- Embroidery hoop minimum 200x360
- Cord for neck strap approx. 47” (120 cm.)
- Embroidery design can be found in mySewnet Library. Find it here!
Stitch out the embroidery
1. Load the embroidery design into the machine.
2. Attach the tearaway stabilizer in the hoop
3. Stitch out color 1. This will show you where to place the batting.
4. Stitch color 2, this will secure the batting in the hoop. Cut the batting close to the stitching
5. Place the fabric on top, right side up and sew color 3. This will secure the fabric in the hoop.
6. Change to the thread you want for the quilting and stitch out color 4.
7. Stitch out the embroidery design on the pouch.
8. Take out the hoop from the machine and unhoop your pouch.
9. Remove the tearaway stabilizer around the edges. Press and then cut out with a ⅜” (1cm) seam allowance
10. Cut the lining fabric, using the pouch as a guide.
11. Start by pressing the fusible web on the fabric for the strap holders. Tear away the paper and fold the long sides to the middle. Press again to fuse the layers together
12. Sew a straight stitch close to the folded edges on both sides. Cut in half. You now have two straps 7,5 x 2 cm
13. Fold them over the neck strap cord and stitch close to the strap. Be careful not to catch the cord in the seam! Cut off the excess leaving ⅜” (1cm) seam allowance at the strap ends.
14. Make a knot at each of the cord´s ends preventing it from gliding out of the holders
15.Place the strap holders on the pouch about 3cm down from the top of the front. Use the quilted grid as a guide to get both sides even. see picture for placement.
16. Attach the zipper foot.Secure the strap holders to the pouch by a straight stitch.
Attach the lin
17. Put the embroidered pouch piece on top of the lining right sides together. Sew them together along the short sides using a straight stitch. Sew just inside the embroidered edge seam.
18. Open up and fold the pouch and the lining matching the seams you just made.
19. Sew the long sides together using a straight stitch. Try to sew on top of the edge seams of the embroidery.. Remember to leave an opening for turning in the lining. Be careful not to catch the cord in the seams. If you find it easier you can use the zipper foot for this, especially when you stitch near the strap holders
20. Turn the pouch inside out and take extra care to get the corners turned all the way.
21. Sew over the opening you turned through.Put the lining into the pouch and press