Sesame Street Patches
Make patches from your favorite characters in Sesame Street. Just stitch them out on felt and cut out with a small margin of felt showing to give them that purchased look!
What you need:
- 180x130mm Creative Metal Hoop.
- Sticky tearaway stabilizer.
- Embroidery thread.
- Black felt.
- mySewnet Embroidery Software, Basic level or higher.
- Embroidery designs from sesame street Find them in mySewnet Library:
With 30-day Free Trial of mySewnet Embroidery Software you will get to try out the most user-friendly and feature rich digitizing software on the market. It works with all embroidery machine brands and is available for both Windows and Mac.
Making the patches
1. Open mySewnet Embroidery Software, select 180x130mm Creative Metal Hoop, Rotated Orientation.
2. Insert as many embroideries as you want, but leave some space between them because we want to cut them out with a little margin.
3. Prepare the hoop with the sticky tearaway stabilizer: Cut out a piece at the same size as the hoop, remove the paper backing and put it on the back of the hoop with the sticky side facing the opening.
4. Put the felt on top of the sticky side, right side up.
5. Stitch out the embroideries
6. Unhoop the felt and cut out the patches with a small margin, about ⅛” (2mm).
7. Your patches are now ready! Make a lot of them not just for covering holes, they will enhance everything you put them on!